Top Tips to keep your band in shape
Keep it Clean
- Regularly clean your wrist and your band—especially after working out or sweating. Wipe the band with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Do NOT use hand soap, body soap, dish soap, hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes or household cleaners which could get trapped beneath the band and irritate skin. Always dry the band well before putting it back on.
- To remove build-up of lotions and oils (such as sunscreen, insect repellent and moisturizers) that can be trapped beneath the band, we recommend that you use a soap-free cleanser to clean the band.
- For rough areas with stains or buildup on your band, try scrubbing with a wet soft-bristled toothbrush.
Keep it Dry
- 3Plus devices are splash proof, but it’s not good for your skin to wear a wet band for long periods of time.
- If your band gets wet—like after sweating or showering—wipe and dry it thoroughly before putting it back on your wrist.
- Be sure your skin is dry before you put your band back on.
Not too Tight
- Make sure your band isn’t too tight. Wear the band loosely enough that it can move slightly back and forth on your wrist.
- If you use a 3Plus device during exercise, we suggest wearing the band higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone).After your exercise is complete, lower the band back to your normal position
- Prolonged rubbing and pressure may irritate the skin, so give your wrist a break by removing the band for at least an hour after extended wear.
Things to remember
- “Whether you have sensitive skin conditions or not, if you start to experience redness or skin irritation on your wrist, remove your device immediately. If symptoms last longer than 2-3 days of not using your device, contact a dermatologist.”
- If you sweat for more than two hours while wearing your band, be sure to wash your band and your wrist using the directions above to avoid any skin irritation.